No one has to miss out when it comes to christmas, not even vegans! Any recipe can be veganised and that means stuffing too! Made from a wholesome bread loaf, lentils, chestnuts, onion and garlic. All soaked in flavourful vegetable stock.
- 1/2 of a large bread loaf, cut into cubes
- 350-450ml Vegetable Stock ( Depending on what size of bread loaf you're using! )
- 140g Tinned Green Lentils ( This is better than tinned lentils as the dried lentils soak up the moisture during cooking! )
- 50g Cooked Chestnuts, chopped
- 1/2 Medium White Onion, Finely Chopped
- 1 Celery Sticks, Finely Chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Crushed and Minced
- 2 Tablespoon Dried Rosemary
- 2 Tablespoon Dried Sage
- Salt and Pepper
- The previous night before making, cut the bread into cubes and leave out on side to become slightly stale! Alternatively, use some bread that has already gone slightly stale!
- Preheat oven to 200*c and place cubed bread pieces into a grease proof dish and cook for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- In non stick pan, sautee chopped onion, chopped celery and mince garlic with a little water. Cook until goes slightly translucent and sautéed.
- In large mixing bowl, combine sautéed onion, celery and garlic with cooked bread cubes, chestnuts, lentils, dried rosemary, dried sage, salt and pepper. Mix until all have mixed evenly, then add vegetable stock and stir well.
- Place back into oven for 28-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow cool for a little bit before serving. Enjoy!