Sweet Potato & Black Bean Salad
Salads no longer have to be dull and tasteless, this bright colourful both visually and in taste makes up for all the dull salads you've had in the past! Full with baked sweet potatoes, crunchy red onion, creamy avocado, little cherry tomatoes, fresh corn and drizzled with lime agave dressing to enhance all flavours.
- 3 Medium sweet potatoes cut into even chunks
- 400g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can sweetcorn drained and rinsed
- 2 avocados chopped
- 250g Cherry Tomatoes tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small pack coriander, roughly chopped
- Juice 1 lime
- 1 Teaspoon Chilli Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Agave Syrup
- Pinch Salt
- Preheat oven to 200c. Start by washing your sweet potatoes and cut into even chunks. Spread evenly on grease proof papered dish and place into oven, cook for 35-40 minutes (depending on how big your chunks are!).
- Whilst the sweet potato cooks, prepare the rest of ingredients for the salad. Chop the avocado into even slices, cut the tomatoes into chunks, slice red onion thinly and roughly chop the coriander. As well, Drain and rinse both sweetcorn and black beans.
- Place all ingredients into large bowl, squeeze lime juice over, add chilli flakes, pinch of salt and agave syrup to mixture. Carefully mix ingredients well until evenly covered in dressing.
- Once sweet potatoes are cooked, assemble your salad by placing all ingredients in mixing bowl onto large plate and top with cooked sweet potato. Enjoy!