STRAWBERRY CHIA JAM
Make your very own strawberry jam using chia seeds, full of Omega-3 to keep your ticker going strong! Smoother peanut butter on top of your favourite bread and dollop a good amount of jam too! Not only nutritious but also delicious!
- 500g Strawberries
- 3 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 3 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- Squeeze of lemon
- Begin by thoroughly washing your strawberries.
- Heat strawberries in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the fruit is heated through and begins to soften and bubble. Mash the fruit using back of spoon or masher to achieve desired texture.
- Remove from heat, add chia seeds and lemon juice to fruit mixture until well combined. Taste, and add in maple syrup if wish to be sweeter.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, the jam will thicken up during cooling.
- Finally, give jam one last thorough stir and enjoy straight away on toast, alternatively store in air tight container for up to a week.