Step By Step
Step-by-step guide to making your very own home made almond butter! Never found the excuse worthy enough to take out a bank balance to buy shop bought almond butter? Well, now you can make your own for half the price! Plus it even tastes better than shop bought!
- 500g Almonds
- Roast Almonds in oven at 180c for 10 minutes, this helps releases the oils from the almonds
- Remove slightly roasted almonds from oven and place in high speed blender or food processor.
- Begin to blitz almonds for few minutes, at this stage the almonds will begin to form a crumbly flour, as shown in photos. Scrape down sides and continue to blitz for few more minutes.
- Keep blitzing for few minutes at a time, continuously stopping and scraping down the sides. Be patient!
- When it seems like you're never going to get almond butter, the magic will happen. The oils from the almonds will be released and it will begin to turn into a bowl, at this stage you will want to continue blitzing until you reach a completely smooth consistency.
- Once the almond butter I completely smooth, remove and serve straight away on warm bread with jam! Alternatively, store in air tight container.