Simple Chickpea "Omelette"
An omelette made without any eggs, but using chickpeas? Now, say what! You heard me right, this fluffy quick and easy omelette is made using chickpea flour, also known as gram flour in some supermarkets. Top and fill with your favourite fillings and enjoy as a yummy breakfast, lunch or dinner!
*You can purchase nutritional yeast from most big supermarkets such as, Sainsbury's, Tesco, whole foods and from all health food stores. If you cannot find it there, you can GET IT HERE. *
- 150ml almond milk
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Pinch Salt & Pepper
* The flax seeds help combine the mixture, the apple cider vinegar and baking soda add fluffiness, and the turmeric powder helps with the colour and flavour! *
- In a large bowl, sift the chickpea flour and whisk together the rest of the ingredients until completely smooth.
- Using a non stick pan place onto medium heat, and pour half of chickpea batter into non stick pan, lifting the pan and moving it around in gentle circular motions to spread out the batter evenly. Cook chickpea omelette for 2-3 minutes until bubble begin to form on the top and the omelette edges start to firm up slightly. Placing a saucepan lid over the top of the omelette helps to cook it, as it allows steam to cook the omelette as well. Carefully flip the omelette over and cook for another minute and remove from heat.
- Repeat this method until all the batter is gone, fill omelettes with any personal fillings, my favourite is mashed avocado and coconut yoghurt drizzled ontop with a pinch of chilli powder.