Peppermint hot chocolate
Homemade peppermint hot chocolate, served with spiced gingerbread men, um yes please! Does anything else sound more perfect and any more christmassy to you? Didn't think so!
Makes 1 Large Mug or 2 Smaller Mugs!
- 250ml Almond milk (or any plant milk!)
- 40g Dark mint chocolate
- 10-15g Coconut sugar (can use maple syrup!)
- Few drops of peppermint essential oil (optional but hugely recommend, adds an amazing peppermint flavour and great for you!)
- Place milk into small sauce pan, and put on a low to medium heat. Gently heat milk, make sure you don't let milk boil!
- Once milk is beginning to heat, add chopped dark mint chocolate to sauce pan and coconut sugar. Mix well until all chocolate and coconut sugar have dissolved completely.
- Serve in your favourite christmas mug and finally add a few drops of peppermint essential oil for an enhanced flavour!