Fresh Almond mYLK
Freshly made almond milk recipe, for those days when you go to pour almond milk over your cereal, yet to realise you're out! Once you made your own homemade almond milk which is creamy and smooth compared to store bought, you'll never go back! Using only two ingredients, it couldn't be any easier!
- 1 cup Almonds
- 4 cups water
* I've done this recipe measured in cups, but you can use any size cup or mug, as long as both the water and almonds are measured out in the same cup or mug! *
- Soak almond overnight or alternatively, I soak them in boiling hot water for 10-15 minutes! Once they've been soaking, you're ready to go!
- Drain the soaked almonds and rinse them well. ( Through away the left over almond water that they were soaking in. ) Combine all of the almonds and fresh water in a blender, and blitz the almond completely blender and broken down, and the milk has begun to look creamy.
- Strain the almond milk through a nut-milk bag or cheese cloth, squeezing the excess liquid out thoroughly, until dry almond pulp is left in the bag and throw away the almond pulp which is left behind.
- Using instantly in your porridge, pouring in your tea, froth it up for a cappuccino or in your cereal! Store the almond milk in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days.