Simple Scrambled Tofu
Simple, yet perfect. A plant based twist on traditional scrambled eggs on toast using tofu. Whipped up in minutes and super yummy, you can enjoy for breakfast, lunch or even dinner! Add some cherry tomatoes and spinach for a nutritionally packed meal!
- 1 Block Tofu
(280g, I used the company Tofoo's plain tofu, as I find it the best!)
- 1/3 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- Few Pinches Salt
- Pinch Cracked Black Pepper
- Drain all the water from the tofu and pat dry. Begin to crumble tofu using hands into non stick frying pan until resembles texture of scrambled eggs. Once you've crumbled tofu to desired texture, sprinkle turmeric powder over tofu evenly and mix to ensure all tofu is covered.
- Place frying pan on medium heat and fry for 8-10 minutes, stirring every few minutes. The tofu should go a deeper yellow colour during the duration of cooking. Just before turning off heat, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve scramble tofu on top of your favourite bread toasted and add a little chilli powder. Simple yet yummy!