Caesar salad is known for having a lot of non friendly plant based food ingredients in, so I created my own! This salad is even better than the original, crunchy Romanian lettuce leaves all coated in a creamy plant based Caesar salad dressing, topped with crunchy homemade croutons!
- 1 heads romaine lettucechopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 avocado chopped
- 60g drained and rinsed capers
- 2 pieces of bread
- 1 Clove garlic, crushed and peeled
- Few sprinkles Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 200c, cut bread into small bite sized pieces and place into small baking dish, sprinkle minced garlic and salt over bread bites and mix to ensure all bread pieces are covered. Place in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, until crouton have turned slightly golden brown.
- Make Caesar salad dressing and set to one side.
- Begin by washing lettuce leaves and patting dry. Cut lettuce and avocado into bite size pieces and place on a large plate. Drain and rinse capers, and add to plate along side lettuce and avocado.
- Top salad with garlic bread crouton, add extra cashew nuts and drizzle Caesar salad dressing over salad. Enjoy!