Baked Gingerbread Men
What's more traditionally then gingerbread men at the christmas time, warm spiced biscuits to dunk in hot chocolate! Yum, sounds amazing to me! These biscuits are completely refined sugar free, gluten free, oil free and 100% delicious!
- 1 Tablespoon Flax seed
- 55g Cashew Butter
- 100g Coconut Sugar
- 100g Black strap Molasses
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 250g Gluten free flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Allspice
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
- Pinch Salt
- Preheat oven to 180c and line a large flat baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Begin by taking your tablespoon of flax seeds and add 3 tablespoon to the mixture, give a good mix and set to one side to thicken for a few minutes.
- Cream the cashew butter and coconut sugar together.
- Add molasses, vanilla extract and flax mixture to creamed cashew butter and coconut sugar.
- Next sift the gluten free flour into a large bowl, and add baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, all spice, clove and salt. Give a good mix ensuring all the spices are even thorough out the flour.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and give a thorough mix, the mixture should form a thick dough! Yet still sticky slightly.
- Generously flour your hands and a surface, and place dough onto floured surface. Begin by rolling the dough into a ball, and then taking a rolling pin and rolling the dough out until its around 1/4 inch thick. Using cutters of choice, cut shapes out of rolled dough.
- Finally, transfer cut out gingerbread men to a grease proof paper lined baking tray and bake for 12-15 minutes.
*Top tip, remember to place cutters in a bit of flour each time, as this helps ensure that the dough will not stick to cutter!*