Baked spiced Apple Porridge
Porridge has to be my favourite breakfast choice, and using oats is so versatile. This apple pie infused porridge is baked in the oven to create a thick cake like texture, perfect for switching up your daily porridge, with a autumn twist!
2 Tablespoons flaxseeds
250ml almond milk
2 Teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 Teaspoon Ginger
2 chopped medium apples
2 chopped medjool dates or 50g chopped dates
30g Pecan nutes
- Preheat oven to 190c and grease large baking dish with greaseproof paper.
- Mix 2 Tablespoons of flax seeds with 1 cup of almond milk and place to one side.
- Next, take a large mixing bowl and add oats, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger, stir to ensure oats are evenly coated in spices. Add remaining ingredients to spiced oat mixture and give a final mix.
-Stir in flax seed milk mixture into dry ingredients.
- Empty mixture into a large baking dish and spread out evenly. Personally, I like to top my apple pie oats with a additional sprinkle of cinnamon and coconut sugar.
- Bake apple pie oats for 50-60 minutes and ensuring half way through covering with foil to make sure the top of oats don't catch and burn.
- Once baked, remove from oven and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy with additional chopped pecan nuts, chunks of apples and a dash of maple syrup!